Guided Response Respond to at least two of your peers’ posts. Select posts from at least two peers who examined a video different than the one you chose. Justify whether or not your peers accurately determined which elements of the ISTE Standards for Teachers were evident in their selected videos. Offer at least one other technology that could be integrated into the instructional context in your peers’ videos. Explain how this technology would enhance the instruction or student engagement. Justify your thinking with references to this week’s resources or other scholarly sources.
- Identify the video you selected. Include the title and a link if it is not one listed above.
– TITLE: iPads in the classroom
- Analyze which elements of the ISTE standards and substandards (ISTE for teachers) are addressed within the content of the video. Justify your reasoning by making clear connections between ISTE Standards for Teachers and the video, using details sufficient for your reader to understand your connections.
– Facilitated and inspire student learning and creativity, by using the app of the magnetic alphabets to help spell words for a spelling lesson. The teacher had an iPad along with each student in the classroom, so by making sure the students understood, she said the word and then she told the students where to place the sound “BR”
– The video also showed how iPads could be very helpful for special needs children.
– Engaging in professional growth and leadership, by having high school teacher Kevin Cram have the students create a roller coaster by using the iPads. The students show more interested in the lesson.
– Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments, the video said that having students do assessments is a lot of help through the iPads better than having to e prepared over night.
- Identify at least one other technology resource that could be used in addition to the technology featured within the instructional video you chose. Describe a specific way that particular technology could be integrated into the instructional setting in the video.
– I believe another way can be spelling vocabulary word apps that say the word for the student, spell the word for the student and then use it in a sentence. This app can help the students to spell, sound out and be able to know how to use certain words in a sentence.
- After watching the video, share one or two thoughts or questions that the came to mind as you watched. For example, “I wonder what percentage of her instructional time is supported with use of the SMART board?”
– How did the teacher keep the students to concentrate on the iPads and just focus on the lesson, without having to browse other sites?
By: Melissa Mitchell
- The Flipped Classroom
I watched The Flipped Classroom. This video is about a chemistry teacher that creates videos for students to watch at home which covers the lecture part of the learning process. This leaves him free to allow more experimentation and critical thinking activities to take place during classroom time. It allows him to move among students and aid where needed rather than standing at the front of the classroom giving lecture. Analyze which elements of the ISTE standards and substandards (ISTE for teachers) are addressed within the content of the video.1.Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity.
- Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in face-to-face and virtual environments. -This is done by using virtual environments to deliver lectures to students.
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.- By allowing students more class time to work on projects, experiments, and other hands on learning, he is promoting and supporting innovative thinking and inventiveness. Not all learning should be done sitting behind a desk and taking notes. Learning should be interactive.
2. Model digital age work and learning.
- Communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital age media and formats. – This is done by using video technology to relay chemistry lectures to students rather than using class time.
Identify at least one other technology resource that could be used in addition to the technology featured within the instructional video you chose. Describe a specific way that particular technology could be integrated into the instructional setting in the video.He could create a blog that all students could access and allow them to share insights, comments, and questions about the lectures. Students could answer other student questions or clarify points that they may have a deeper understanding of. This creates a collaborative environment for both teacher and students. It also helps students who may be struggling with the material to have a no pressure way to ask questions.
After watching the video, share one or two thoughts or questions that the came to mind as you watched.I wonder what this teacher would do if a student did not have access to technology or internet access at home.