Most, if not all, companies have a diversity policy pertaining to recruitment. Legal requirements also tend to dictate how an organization approaches diversity in recruitment.
In this module, use the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet to conduct research on the use and effectiveness of diversity policies in organizational recruitment efforts. Choose a company from the Internet or use a company that you currently work with or have previously worked with and answer the following questions:
- How does the diversity policy address Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations?
- What other standards are used?
- What information is collected during the recruitment and application process to ensure compliance?
- How could the policy be improved?
- Did you read any information that surprised you? If so, what was it?
- Your response should rely on at least two sources from additional professional literature—articles from peer-reviewed journals and relevant textbooks. Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.