Understanding the meaning of conflict is important when exploring the relationship between conflict and negotiation. This assignment will allow you to examine the causes and effects of a conflict.
Review the textbook definition of conflict and conduct independent research using online library resources or the Internet to find other definitions of conflict.
Consider an experience of a conflict situation from your personal or work life. Use the following steps to analyze the conflict situation and suggest an appropriate solution.
- Step 1: Provide your definition of conflict and describe the meaning, nature and components of conflict
- Step 2: Define the problem and identify the conflict issues.
- Step 3: Determine your goal in resolving the conflict.
- Step 4: Analyze the problem and state the causes, symptoms, effects, and obstacles that keep you from achieving your goal.
- Step 5: Generate two potential solutions and recommend ways to attain the goal and resolve the conflict.
Write a 3-5 page essay in Microsoft Word format, citing at least 3 sources of information (one of which may be your text book). Apply APA standards for writing style to your work.