- Which cities would be covered with water if the Greenland Ice Sheet melted completely?
- A.Miami and Amsterdam
- B.New Orleans and London
- C.New York and London
- D.Miami and London
- The surface of the moon contains geologic evidence for ___________ on the moon in the past.
- C.liquid water
- Why doesn’t Mars have active volcanoes today?
- A.the planet lost its internal heat to cold space
- B.the volcanoes are just dormant and will erupt again
- C.the volcanoes are blocked by collapsed lava tubes
- D.all of the lava already escaped
- On Mercury and the Moon, we notice that larger craters __________ smaller craters.
- A.are on top of
- B.are rounder than
- C.came after
- D.came before
- Mercury has a network of strange wrinkles across its surface called …
- A.weird terrain
- What factor most helps the Earth maintain a relatively constant temperature?
- A.plate techtonics
- B.greenhouse gases
- C.liquid oceans
- D.a large moon
- Mercury gets incredibly hot and incredibly cold because …
- A.it is so close to the sun.
- B.it has permanent shadows at the poles.
- C.its distance from the sun changes so dramatically during its orbit.
- D.it does not have an atmosphere.
- The appearance of Earth’s moon is nearly identical to …
- B.Jupiter’s moon Callisto
- The surface of the moon is covered with a fine powder of pulverized rock called…
- Which of the following provides observational evidence that Mars has weather and an atmosphere?
- A.eroded craters
- B.wind streaks
- C.dust devils
- D.all of the above
- The best time to observe the moon to see its crater is during a ….
- A.crescent moon
- B.super moon
- C.harvest moon
- D.full moon
- The largest mountain in the solar system is …
- A.Mauna Kea
- B.Mount Everest
- C.Olympus Mons
- D.The Caloris Basin
- The bright circles around impact craters are called …
- Where did the oxygen in our atmosphere come from?
- A.separation of water vapor into hydrogen and oxygen
- B.photosynthesis of living organisms
- C.volcanic eruptions
- D.it slowly leaked out of the oceans
- What molecules dominated the Earth’s primordial atmosphere?
- A.nitrogen and carbon dioxide
- B.oxygen and nitrogen
- C.carbon dioxide and water vapor
- D.oxygen and carbon dioxide